RG: this is my outline for this topic:
03-27-12 RG Notes for Meria Heller Show
The Keys of Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Every piece of corporate media being precipitated on us daily is based on you not feeling good enough, and that you need this outside (thing) which is going to fill you up inside.
- Possessions instead of productions
- Possessions create an effect (for the corporation) at your cost
- Productions create an effect (for your audience) at your cost
i. Which would you rather have?
- Production has many forms, but it is done by people who seek to see change in the world, they might do this by opening their own business, service, building some product, etc.
i. What problems do you see, which you could solve? This is your opportunity.
- The cost of collecting possessions is your opportunity cost… what do you get in return?
- Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem take work, and sometimes work costs money, but money cannot buy self-confidence and self-esteem directly. That is the ruse, that satisfaction, serenity, and self-confidence can be purchased, at a store near you. Anything and everything truly worthwhile, takes thoughtfulness, work, persistence, and patience. People fail to make these investments of their time, and thus they are not pleased by the results.
- Daily Turmoil: how do we get sucked into problems and thrown into chaos?
- Reacting without stopping the stimulus/reaction process, interrupting it with a method of thinking
- Daily Life: unknowns, problems, fears, confusion, and all the things we think we “know” prevent us from effectively observing, identifying, organizing, and communicating.
- No idea about the history of our surroundings
- We lack situational awareness
- Function of school, culture, family
- We lack time management and the habit of how to get things done
- We therefore lack the ability to remain in integrity
- to do what we said we were going to do, when we said we were going to do it.
- Truth and knowledge
- Observation skills
- Indoctrinated into beliefs without first observing what exists in reality
- Poisoned by counterfeit knowledge (schooling’s 15,000 hours of conditioning)
- Behavior, attitude, values, and morals are being adjusted… education does not occur.
i. Students rarely un-occult anything that was not scripted beforehand.
- Digging in the wrong spot.
- How to ask questions and find valid answers = how to learn anything
- Making and breaking hypotheses in a search for truth
- Thinking clearly = no contradictions, consistently
- Marshall Rosenberg
- People communicate because we have needs
- Complaints, rants, arguments, etc. are all about needs
- Identify the need, and offer support
- People get caught up in drama that’s unnecessary
i. Not their fault, part of their programming
- Family (function of culture if not consistently making and breaking hypothesis and learning)