World History Pop-Quiz
Topic: 100th Anniversary of the Balfour Declaration
Reference Links for the Balfour Declaration 100th Anniversary Quiz
- Balfour Declaration 100th Anniversary Website
- The 5 Versions of the Balfour Declaration are Listed at the Balfour 100 site
- Lord Lionel Walter Rothschild in the History Blueprint
- Lord Nathan Rothschild in the History Blueprint
- Who Gave Palestine to Whom?
- James Armand de Rothschild's wife was...
- British Mandate over Palestine went into effect on...
- The earliest known publications relating the Rothschilds to Palestine...
- De Beers Diamond Syndicate Founder
- Answered by Question 11
- Apartheid Headlines in the History Blueprint
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
Lord Rothschild replied to Foreign Minister Balfour on November 4, 1917 in a handwritten note:
'Dear Mr. Balfour,
I write to thank you most sincerely for your letter and also for the great interest you have shown in the wishes of the large mass of the Jewish people and also for the efforts and trouble you have taken on our behalf. I can assure you that the gratitude of ten millions of people will be yours, for the British Government has opened up, by their message, a prospect of safety and comfort to large masses of people who are in need of it.
I dare say you have been informed that already in many parts of Russia renewed persecution has broken out.
With renewed thanks to you and His Majesty's Government,
Watch this 16-min interview with Lord Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild discussing his family's role in the creation of the State of Israel and the impact of the Balfour Declaration 100 years later.